Dentist: There are so many people in the waiting room right now, and I don't want to miss the four o'clock ball game.
It’s hard to understand "favor" at times; some of us don’t know how to handle it very well. We tend to question and aren’t even grateful for "favor given". Daily I see many of favor unraveled in my life. But, what about finding “favor” in the eyes of God? What does it mean for Him to provide favor over our lives? When you favor someone it’s because they feel your special, your worthy of being selected, being chosen to either receive love, gifts etc. The same goes for God except he requires only to seek Him and love Him. To be faithful and ensure that daily we don’t disregard his presence in our lives.
I had an old iPod which the battery had fried. There was no way for me to get it fixed and the next thing was to purchase another iPod. Now this was the classic iPod that was 80G and I had at least 65G worth of music, movies, etc. Well my dear friend did me the favor of taking it in to Apple. Now, given I had already gone some time before and they told me: "NO, NO you’ll have to get a new iPod" ($249). This time around they told him “we’ll replace it, NO problem and all you have to pay is $50, but you’ll now have a 120G iPod”. This same friend was traveling and as we all know you have to pay for each and every bag. He had a total of three bags and realized he didn’t have enough for the 3rd bag. As he smiled and enter into a dialogue with the lady, she then said; "don’t worry about it" and didn’t have him pay for the additional bag. Is this luck, chance? No, it’s Favor Of God.
Life isn’t easy. People are tough on you and sometimes they are down right nasty. However, there is Divine intervention through God which provides you with favor. There’s an acronym I’ve adopted and that is F.O.G . (FAVOR OF GOD). We ALL want it. How much easier will your day be if you are able to have FOG in your life. But, here’s the catch!!! There’s only one way of obtaining FOG in your life. Seeking Him! “For whoever finds me [Wisdom] finds life and draws forth and obtains favor from the Lord.” Proverbs 8:35. That easy ? Yes! What’s hard is staying the course so that you can continue to keep that FOG in your life!
I hope and it is my prayer that as you meditate on these words, your desire is to live a life in continue to seek (F.O.G) Favor Of God. For favor will nourish, streghthen and prosper you always.

What an inspirational word from GOD. This post makes me grateful for the fog. And I am going to be mindful Gods's. favor everywhere.
ReplyDeleteLove
Vernita